IQAC is a part of an institution’s system which channelizes the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. It is post- accreditation quality sustenance measure proposed by NAAC. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One member from the Management
- One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
Two days workshop on “Integration of ICT in course planning” was arranged for Degree and Junior college teachers on July 16 and 19, 2016. The objective of the workshop was to train the teachers for designing online course using Moodle. Mrs. Chitra Wadke, Ms. Aditi and Ms. Mitali from Department of Educational Technology, SNDT Women’s University were the resource persons for the same. 20 teachers from junior and degree college attended the workshop.
Two projects namely, “To enhance the effectiveness of documentation process” and “Augmenting the Quality and Quantity of Training and Placement by the Institution” were presented at the BEQET AWARD COMPETITION orgnaised by NATIONAL CENTRE FOR QUALITY MANAGEMENT, MUMBAI on January 28, 2017
A workshop on “E learning” was organised by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for college teachers from January 30 to February 2, 2017. Resources persons for the same were Dr. Madhura Kesarkar, Dr. Pradnya Wakpainjan and Dr. Rekha Chavan, faculty from Department of Education, SNDT University. Theory and practical sessions on topics instructional designing for online courses / blended learning, evaluation and assessment, open educational resources, etc. were arranged. Hands-on training was given for Moodle, an open source learning platform by MS. Vaishali Sawant. Participants will be designing an online course for students and will present it at the culmination session of the workshop.
A workshop on Mindful Conversations was conducted by Mr. Amit Kapadia, Peak Performance Consultantfor all staff members.
Workshop on Google Classroom was organised on July 8, 2018 and July 14, 2018 by Smt.Vijaylaxmi for staff members.
The Criteria In-charges of IQAC attended the FDP Workshop on New Guidelines of NAAC from July 16 to July 21, 2018.
Signed MOU with IQAC Cluster Maharashtra at Maniben Nanavati College on July 27, 2018 for collaboration among colleges for carrying out work of IQAC.
Faculty development programme:
IQAC organised three days Faculty Development Programme from March 18 to 20, 2019
On 18th March Advocate Suyash Pradhan, Principal of Anand Vishwa Gurukul Law College delivered a lecture on Intellectual Property Rights. Forty-one faculty members attended the same. He explained vividly and clearly the concepts of patents, copyrights and trademark. The lecture got a very positive feedback from the faculty members. This was followed by a lecture by Smt. Savita Chavan, Assistant Professor of English from Smt.P.N.Doshi Women’s College on Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). Mrs. Sandhya Thakkar, Assistant Professor of S.I.A College, Dombivli, Mumbai conducted a workshop on Advanced Teaching Methodologies and Technologies on March 19 and 20, 2019.
Best Practices - Click Here
Members of Internal Quality Assurance Cell - Click Here
Minutes of meetings held in the Academic year 2019-20 - Click Here
Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS) on Overall Institutional Performance - Click Here