Programme Officers – Shri. Vinod Zalte, Smt. Nidhi Dattani, Smt. Savitha Chavan, Smt. Vidya Karande, Shri. Hemant, Smt. Shamasvi Dhoke
- This scheme, sponsored by the Government aims to instill a feeling of social concern for the under-privileged and handicapped people. It trains students toward responsible and responsive leadership.
- The N.S.S. Unit of the college has been very active since 1974. Students from Junior and Senior College are eligible for enrolment.
- N. S. S. Volunteer has to complete 120 hours of service in a year.
- The college NSS unit under five programme officers enrolls 400 (three hundred in Degree college and 100 in Junior college) volunteers and conducts regular activities and special camps every year. After NSS orientation programme, students are placed in various organizations for carrying out NSS activities. NSS programme include various awareness drives, health check-up camps, blood donation camp, rallies, street plays, tree plantations, etc. Some of the students participated in state and national level camps and State Republic Day parade.
Our institution has been actively engaged in constructive extension activities in the adopted villages and the immediate neighborhood. The work has been well-appreciated by the beneficiaries and the students engaged have been rewarded with the satisfaction of having contributed to social welfare. We have also received recognition through awards as mentioned below:
First prize awarded to village development project “Improving Standard of Living through Institution-Village Partnership” at BEQET competition held by National Centre for Quality Management in the year 2015.
Mr. Vinod Zalte, our NSS PO, was appointed as University Coordinator for NSS from October 2012 to January 2014.
- He also received a recognition certificate for excellent work in Maharashtra State Road Safety Campaign in 2013-2014.
- Our NSS Unit received a trophy for participation of NSS volunteers in National Integration Camp held at Karnataka State Women’s University, Bijapur in 2013-2014.