IQAC is a part of an institution’s system which channelizes the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. It is post- accreditation quality sustenance measure proposed by NAAC. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
- Chairperson: Principal
- A few senior administrative officers – DR. Leena Raje, Dr. Ashok Salve, Mrs. Poonam Singh, Mrs. Ketaki Deshpande and Mr. Sauji Waghela
- Three to eight teachers – Mrs. Madhuri Vaidhya, Dr. Madhumita Bandopadhyay, Dr. Asha Menon
- One or two members from the Management – Mrs. Meenaben Khetani
- One/two nominees from local society – Dr. Suhas Pednekar, Mrs. Varsha Salian
- Nominee of the Alumni – Mrs. Vandana Dalvi
- One of the teachers as the coordinator of the IQAC- Ms. Amrita Behel
- To focus on quality enhancement in institutional functioning and facilitate internalization of the quality culture
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of an institution
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters
- A lecture on "Interdisciplinary Research" was organized on February 10, 2014 for teaching faculty.
- A lecture on "Autonomy" by Dr. Vijay Joshi, Principal, K. J. Somaiya college of commerce and science, for faculty members of the college on April 30, 2014
- NAAC sponsored national seminar on "Benchmarking in Higher Education Institutions" A two day National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) sponsored national seminar on "Benchmarking in Higher Education Institutions" was organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Smt. P.N. Doshi Women's College, affiliated to S.N.D.T. Women's University, Mumbai on 26 and 27 June, 2014. The objectives of the seminar were to Understand benchmarking and its application as a tool for quality enhancement in higher education and to encourage self-evaluation and accountability in higher education.
- ICSSR sponsored two days National seminar on “Landscapes of Aging” on January 30 and 31, 2015.
- Preparation of NAAC RAR for III cycle.
- Implementing MIS for all administrative and examination work.
- AAA: As part of IQAC activity this year we undertook conduction of Academic and Administrative Audit for the period 2010 to 2015. This was a marathon work undertaken by a subcommittee of IQAC under the guidance of Principal. The proforma for administrative audit was developed by our committee and proforma recommended in the revised methodology in the NAAC manual (2012) was used for the same. The internal audit for all the departments in our UG and PG programmes is done and the evaluation is ready. External auditing committee will be invited in the month of June 2015 and the total process of AAA will be completed.
Collaborative project on developing benchmarking tool:
The college has undertaken a collaborative project with three other colleges affiliated to S.N.D.T. Women's University namely M.D. Shah Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Malad, Dr. B.M.N. College of Home Science, Matunga and the host Smt. P.N. Doshi Women's College, Ghatkopar. The project titled as "Development of Benchmarking Tool for Higher Education Institutions". The project is initiated by Dr. S. Kumudhavalli, Registrar, S.N.D.T. Women's University. M.D. Shah Mahila Mahavidyalaya has taken up NAAC criteria 2 "Teaching Learning"; Smt. P.N. Doshi has taken up NAAC Criteria 5 – Research, Consultancy and Extension; Dr. B.M.N. College has taken up NAAC criteria 5 "Student Support Services" for developing a the development of Benchmarking tool. A five point scale was developed for these three criteria. The tool is ready for the pilot study.